we are not into instant noodles, we only store 1-2 packet in the cabinet. only when there is nothing in the fridge for me to cook, we will turn to instant noodles to eat. we usually throw away the powder due to the high content of the msg……yes of course the taste will be very bland….but do you know that many of us can’t do without instant noodles especially when one is away from home, in a foreign land. below is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming instant noodles.
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it’s ready to eat.
This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles.
By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structures of the MSG causing it to be toxic.
The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have taken the noodles.
CORRECT WAY OF COOKING INSTANT NOODLES
1. Boil the noodles in a pot with water.
2. Once the noodles is cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contain wax.
3. Boil another pot of water till boiling and put the noodles into the hot boiling water and then shut the fire.
4. Only at this stage when the fire is off, and while the water is very hot, put the powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, take out the noodles and add the powder and toss it to get dry noodles.
Do you know:
A large number of patient with ages ranging from 18-24 years are ending up with pancreatitis either as a swelling or infection of the pancreas due to regular consumption of instant noodles… If the frequency is more than 3 times a week, then it is very hazardous…
“Please share this info and help save a life”
Menu TAUGE untuk hidangan makan tengah hari mahupun makan malam sering kali dipandang sebelah mata oleh kebanyakan kita. Tauge dilihat sebagai hidangan yang langsung tidak menyelerakan.
Tapi tahukah anda, tauge yang kerap kali menjadi pilihan terakhir untuk dijadikan sayur ini sebenarnya mempunyai banyak khasiat. Tauge dikatakan mampu menyumbang kepada kesuburan lelaki dan wanita. Pengambilan tauge oleh kaum lelaki mampu membuatkan sperma yang dihasilkan oleh golongan ini makin baik. Begitu juga wanita, ia cukup berkesan membantu kesuburan telur yang dihasilkan.
Bagaimanapun, khasiat tauge tidak sekadar penyumbang kesuburan, ia juga terbukti melalui kajian mengandungi bahan yang dapat melumpuhkan bibit kanser, usus besar, pankreas dan juga penyakit leukimia. Mengikut kajian yang dijalankan tauge sama ada dari jenis kacang hijau, alfalfa dan sebagainya mengandungi banyak unsur fitokimia ya berkhasiat. Salah satunya ialah kanavanin (canavanine), sejenis asid yang amino. Kanavanin, dikatakan mampu melumpuhkan bibit kanser leukimia, usus besar dan pankreas.
Selain itu, tauge juga mempunyai estrogen semulajadi berfungsi sama dengan estrogen sintesis. Estrogen dalam tauge dapat meningkatkan kepadatan dan susunan tulang, serta mencegah kerapuhan tulang (osteoporosis) Pengambilan tauge oleh wanita secara kerap dapat membantu mereka menghindar mereka dari kanser payudara, gangguan menjelang menstruasi,simptom pra-menopaus, dan gangguan akibat menopaus.
Sewaktu kacang-kacang dicambahkan untuk dijadikan tauge secara umum kadar saponinya meningkat sehingga 450 peratus. Mereka yang berisiko penyakit strok dan serangan jantung, gara-gara kadar lemak darah yang tinggi dianjurkan lebih banyak mengambil tauge dalam menu harian mereka. Saponi dalam tauge, menghalau “lemak jahat” LDL, tanpa mengganggu kandungan lemak baik HDL. Selain sarat DNA, tauge padat dengan antioksida kuat yang menghalang tubuh dari radikal bebas perosak sel DNA. Pelindungan ini menguatkan kesimpulan tauge merupakan sayuran yang membuat anda menjadi lebih muda.
Satu lagi khasiat tauge yang tidak kurang hebat adalah membantu membuang kotoran dalam usus besar kerana mengandungi banyak serat dan air. Inilah yang menjadi tunjang utama tauge dalam memerangi sel kanser. Apabila kotoran segera meniggalkan usus besar, tiada lagi zat-zat racun dalam kotoran yang yang dapat diserap tubuh. Ia akan mencegah pengumpulan bahan beracun yang dapat merangsang berseminya benih kanser.
Selepas membaca kebaikan sayur tauge janganlah ragu-ragu lagi untuk mengambilnya. Jadi apalagi, JOM kita ramai-ramai makan tauge hari-hari.
1. Soak stained handkerchief in salt water before washing.
2. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
3. Soak fish in salt water before removing the scales; the scales will come off a lot easier.
4. Put a few grains of rice in your salt shaker for easier pouring.
5. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
6. Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
7. Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
8. A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier.
9. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up.
10. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won’t stick.
11. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
12. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
13. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
14. Soak your nuts in salt brine overnight and they will crack out of their shells whole. Just tap the end of the shell with a hammer
to break it open easily.
15. Boil clothespins in salt water before using them and they will last longer.
16. Clean brass, copper and pewter with paste made of salt and vinegar, thickened with flour
17. Add a little salt to the water your cut flowers will stand in for a longer life.
18. Pour a mound of salt on an ink spot on your carpet; let the salt soak up the stain.
19. Clean your iron by rubbing some salt on the damp cloth on the ironing surface.
20. Adding a little salt to the water when cooking foods in a double boiler will make the food cook faster.
21. Use a mixture of salt and lemon juice to clean piano keys.
22. To fill plaster holes in your walls, use equal parts of salt and starch, with just enough water to make a stiff putty.
23. Rinse sore eyes with a little salt water.
24. Mildly salted water makes an effective mouthwash. Use it hot for a sore throat gargle.
25. Dry salt sprinkled on your toothbrush makes a good tooth polisher.
26. Use salt for killing weeds in your lawn.
27. Eliminate excess suds with a sprinkle of salt.
28. A dash of salt in warm milk makes a more relaxing beverage.
29. Before using new glasses, soak them in warm salty water for a while.
30. A dash of salt enhances the taste of tea.
31. Salt improves the taste of cooking apples.
32. Soak your clothes line in salt water to prevent your clothes from freezing to the line; likewise, use salt in your final rinse to
prevent the clothes from freezing.
33. Rub any wicker furniture you may have with salt water to prevent yellowing.
34. Freshen sponges by soaking them in salt water.
35. Add raw potatoes to stews and soups that are too salty.
36. Soak enamel pans in salt water overnight and boil salt water in them next day to remove burned-on stains.
37. Clean your greens in salt water for easier removal of dirt.
38. Gelatin sets more quickly when a dash of salt is added.
39. Fruits put in mildly salted water after peeling will not discolor.
40. Fabric colors hold fast in salty water wash.
41. Milk stays fresh longer when a little salt is added.
42. Use equal parts of salt and soda for brushing your teeth.
43. Sprinkle salt in your oven before scrubbing clean.
44. Soaked discolored glass in a salt and vinegar solution to remove stains.
45. Clean greasy pans with a paper towel and salt.
46. Salty water boils faster when cooking eggs.
47. Add a pinch of salt to whipping cream to make it whip more quickly.
48. Sprinkle salt in milk-scorched pans to remove odor.
49. A dash of salt improves the taste of coffee.
50. Boil mismatched hose in salty water and they will come out matched.
51. Salt and soda will sweeten the odor of your refrigerator.
52. Cover wine-stained fabric with salt; rinse in cool water later.
53. Remove offensive odors from stove with salt and cinnamon.
54. A pinch of salt improves the flavor of cocoa.
55. To remove grease stains in clothing, mix one part salt to four parts rubbing alcohol.
56. Salt and lemon juice removes mildew.
57. Sprinkle salt between sidewalk bricks where you don’t want grass growing.
58. Polish your old kerosene lamp with salt for a brighter look.
59. Remove odors from sink drainpipes with a strong, hot solution of salt water.
60. If a pie bubbles over in your oven, put a handful of salt on top of the spilled juice. The mess won’t smell and will bake into a dry,
light crust which will wipe off easily when the oven has cooled.
cooking oil, how far do we know what is the right way in using all these many types of cooking oil? do you have trouble in selecting cooking oils when you do your marketing in the supermarket. i do and will always spent 20 mins walking front and back, back to front, thinking which is the best to buy, not costly but can be used effectively for all my cooking style. usually i have 2 types of oil at home, peanut oil and olive oil.
when we were small, our mother usually used coconut oil for cooking, for baking, for roasting, etc. then we were introduced to corn oil, olive oil, now sunflower oil, etc. ok, i know that for olive oil we should use it for salad and not for cooking, but, have we ever asked our mother if the oil that she used is good for our health? whether that particular oil can be used for frying only or just for sautéing only or maybe for both cooking style? no, right? why? because there is no article informing them that if any particular oil is overheat it will be bad for our health. do you know that we cannot re-used the oil after frying?
thank you to all our researchers now for reminding us to be careful with our oil intake and how it should be best used. now i know, that oil that we bought from the store are refined oil which means it can be used for extremely high heat cooking. perhaps below could help us to be more careful in selecting our oil for cooking next time. choose your oil wisely.
Low to Moderate
Baking (low heat)
Baking (medium heat)
Soybean / Soy
i’ve been dreading myself to try and bake a Japanese Cheese Cake after eating some of it during the Hari Raya festival at my grandma’s house. it was so soft and melt in the mouth and not like the ordinary Western cheesecake that is so full of cheese. then, i browsed through the website and found a very interesting tip and trick of how to bake a Japanese Cheese Cake. here’s the recipe for you to try or click this website to know more:http://www.thelittleteochew.com/2011/03/japanese-cheesecake-tips-tricks.html
Recipe (reprinted here from my old post, and originally from Diana’s Desserts)
– 140g fine granulated sugar
– 6 egg whites
– 6 egg yolks
– 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
– 50g butter
– 250g cream cheese
– 100ml fresh milk
– 60g cake flour (can also use plain flour)
– 20g corn flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
5. Leave to cool in oven with door ajar, about 30mins to 1 hour. Sudden changes in temperature may cause the cake to cool too quickly and collapse.
Now, for some extra tips. These work for me, and I hope they work for you too! 🙂
Tip #1 : Beating the egg whites
Tip #2 : Sieving the cream cheese batter
(Left) Cream cheese that has been melted with butter and milk. There are still some visible small lumps even after a lot of stirring.
Cake tin goes on the rack, in the middle.I place tart moulds whichhave been filled with water, in the four corners of my oven. Theyprovide the sauna effect but do not add dampness to the cake. Why not a tray of water, you ask? Well, with a tray, you still get condensation at the bottom of the cake tin. With individual tart moulds placed around the cake, your cake’s bottom will alwaysremain dry. <- I sound like a diaper ad!Tip #4 : Lining the cake tin
Sadly, my photos do not do justice to the cake – look at the horribly washed out colours. 😦 The cake is supposed to be a brighter shade of yellow, but then, it was a gloomy day … so everything turned out depressing. Except the eating part. Heh.
Happy tyring !!
i’m so in the mood to put up some nice recipes this month just because we are going to celebrate Hari Raya for the Muslim festival next Monday and i was so into making some cookie and baking some cakes. today’s recipe is a traditional recipe that my mom used to make for us all for tea time.
i found this recipe from https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/cara-mudah-buat-kuih-cara-manis-091528983.html.
unfortunately it’s written in Bahasa Melayu. when i have time i will try to do the translation for us all.
2 Cawan Tepung Gandum
1/2 Cawan Air Daun Pandan – ( kisar 2 daun pandan bersama air)
1 Biji Telur
1 Cawan Santan Pekat
Gula Untuk Bahagian Inti- (anggaran setengah sudu teh untuk setiap biji kuih)
Cara membuatnya :
1. Masukkan tepung, air daun pandan, santan, telur dan garam ke dalam sebuah bekas.
2. Kacau dan gaul rata semua bahan tersebut.
3. Untuk mengelakkan adunan daripada berketul dan lebih sebati, masukkan dalam mesin pengisar dan kisar sehingga sebati.
4. Letakkan acuan kuih cara di atas api yang sederhana besar. Sapukan dalaman acuan dengan sedikit minyak masak untuk mengelakkan kuih dari melekat didalam acuan.
5. Bila acuan telah agak panas, masukkan adunan tadi ke dalam setiap lubang acuan. Masak dengan api yang sederhana besar.
6. Tunggu sekitar 30-40 saat (sehingga nampak kuih sedikit keras dan terbentuk) kemudian masukkan 1/2 sudu teh gula di bahagian tengah kuih.
7. Bakar sehingga kuih tidak melekat dan boleh dikeluarkan dan diangkat daripada acuan.
8. Siap untuk dihidang.
Selamat mencuba !!!!