we are not into instant noodles, we only store 1-2 packet in the cabinet. only when there is nothing in the fridge for me to cook, we will turn to instant noodles to eat. we usually throw away the powder due to the high content of the msg……yes of course the taste will be very bland….but do you know that many of us can’t do without instant noodles especially when one is away from home, in a foreign land. below is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming instant noodles.
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it’s ready to eat.
This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles.
By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structures of the MSG causing it to be toxic.
The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have taken the noodles.
CORRECT WAY OF COOKING INSTANT NOODLES
1. Boil the noodles in a pot with water.
2. Once the noodles is cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contain wax.
3. Boil another pot of water till boiling and put the noodles into the hot boiling water and then shut the fire.
4. Only at this stage when the fire is off, and while the water is very hot, put the powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, take out the noodles and add the powder and toss it to get dry noodles.